Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I am as confused as ever as to what to do in the coming months. I'm going to receive my associates degree in December. I've scheduled my classes so they all fall on the weekend. That leaves the weekdays open for me to do as I please. I can get a full time job, a part-time job, do freelance work, whatever.
I don't know what I'm going to do after December though. I had planned to travel and then when I come back next fall, start on my bachelor's degree. I would work and continue my education at the same time. But I've been thinking, what is the point of getting that degree. I agree it's needed to have something to fall back on but I can't help but wonder what it's all for. After I get the degree I'll get a job like the one I previously had. That does not sound too exciting.
I was thinking that I would want to do something like join the armed forces and learn to fly a helicopter or an airplane. At least there would be excitement in that. I would have to forsake earning a good salary but at least I would be doing something exciting. A bachelor's degree would still be needed if I wanted to be an officer.
I've become ever more confused and as usual scared of making any sort of move for fear that it might not be the right one. Indecisive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home