Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Half-Blood Prince - Spoiler

I picked up the Half-Blood Prince on Saturday morning. Finished it up today. It had quite a surprise ending. I never expected Dumbledore to die and I least of all expected Snape to be the one who supposedly kills him. They do hold a funeral for Dumbledore at Hogwarts at the end of the book however I don't believe that he is really dead. Dumbledore believes in Snape wholeheartedly eventhough everyone else doesn't. I don't Dumbledore could be so wrong about someone. I think his death will turn out to be a well planned hoax so that he can come back and fight alongside Harry in the coming months. Eventhough Snape runs away with the Death-Eaters at the end of the book I don't believe that he is part of them. I think he faked killing Dumbledore to keep up appearances and not to give up his position with the Death-Eaters.

The book was great. Certainly a real page turner and an added plus was most of the main characters turning into young adults. Harry ends up with Ginny and most importantly Ron and Hermione are on their way to going out, or they will probably just get married at the end of the next book. Theirs has been a long brewing romance.

It is going to be a long wait till the 7th and last installment of the Potter series.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home