Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My trip to India is coming up fast. I leave next Tuesday and I really don't want to. I haven't even started on all the stuff I've wanted to do this summer. By the time I get back, July will pretty much be over and I'll be looking at August.
I haven't done anything substantial since I left my job on June 10th. I'll be coming up on a month spent at home pretty soon. Time is flying, the summer is going by. How come the winter never goes by this fast? It seems like winter just drags on forever and then spring and summer are just a blur. I never do all the things I want to do in the summer. I want to turn that around though. I have all the time I can possibly ever ask for this summer. Gotta make moves, make moves!
I haven't even started looking for another job, not to mention, completed my resume yet.
On another note, I had made a promise to myself to stop drinking. That was back on June 20th and I haven't even thought about a sip of alcohol since then. And I have been surrounded by it. I've gone out several times since then with my friends while they got drunk.
I want to be able to have enough control over my emotions that I don't have to turn to alcohol for release and to have a good time. I think it is possible and once that confidence is gained and I know that at any time I can kick back and have a good time then I will never have a desire to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home