Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Summer of Golf

I have been playing a great deal of golf this summer. My game has improved quite a bit. Before this summer I never played consistently. At most I would play once or twice a year. Up until now I had not known what a beautiful game golf really is, when I am not hitting into the rough of course.
This past Monday I played at the Pine Hollow Country Club. My friend used to caddy there a few years back so we got to play 18 holes for free and we got to use a cart. The course is beautifully kept. I felt guilty carving out divots on the course.
The funny thing about golf is that I sort of forced myself to play this summer. After I quit my job in June I took to answering the question of what I was going to do next with; "I'm just going to take it easy and work on my golf game". The line would always get a few laughs and gave the impression that I wasn't just bumming around which I really am. Golf adds a bit of purpose and a good sport to my life. And for whatever reason many people I've met find it amusing that I play golf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home