Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ex

I met up with my ex-girlfriend for dinner last night. This was my girlfriend from college. We broke up about 2 years back. She was my first love.
It has brought back some feelings of longing that I thought I had supressed quite well. I woke up this morning with a terrible sense of longing and she was the first thought that came into my mind. I haven't found anyone else to replace her in my life yet. I know that is why I still feel this way about her.
All morning and into the afternoon now I've been thinking about her and the life she is leading.
I just have to keep reminding myself why I broke up with her. It was because my instinct told me that it was not meant to be in the long run. I felt like we both needed to grow as individuals and I don't believe we would have been able to do that if we were together. I certainly would not have been able to.
It always takes a day to recuperate after seeing her. That will get better with time. I must move on and stop dwelling on the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home