Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Numbers game

So I'm wondering about how many companies I will have to send my resume to to get an interview. 1 in 30? Of that how many interviews will I have to go on before I get a job offer? 1 in 6? Of those job offers how many will I actually be interested in? 1 in 10?
I don't know, I've never had to do any of this before. This is all new. When I left college 3 years ago I started working at this company I am at right away. I had worked here part time over winter break and they had an opening. I had never had an interview. I knew someone at the company. Thus I never had to create a resume. Pretty cool huh? I've had this job for almost 3 years now and I've worked my way into a managerial position and I haven't even had to create a resume or go on an interview!

I'm going to treat the whole looking for a job experience like a numbers game. If I apply to enough places and go on enough interviews then eventually I'm sure I'll get something.

Now enough of talking about it. I really have to get off my ass and get started on this endeavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home