Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Notice given

I threw it down at work today. I told them that I want to leave because I have to focus on other things in my life. I will stay till they find a replacement for me and if necessary I will stay for a short period to train him/her.
It somehow turned into a medical reason for leaving though. It started out ast me wanting a change of scenery and feeling bored at work, which I am. After talking to my parents I explained how I'm always feeling tired and how I need to address the problem of my sleep apnea. My parents suggested that I explain this to my boss and make sure they understand that this is the reason that I am leaving.

When I spoke to my boss I explained my situation and how the reason I wasn't performing was because I was tired all the time due to lack of good sleep. I told him I couldn't handle having a job, going to school and addressing this problem all at the same time. I explained that I needed to focus on myself.

I would like to also start looking for another job, preferrably in the city. My father made it clear that it is much easier to find another job when you already have one in hand and I agree. If I do get a job offer I can always tell them that I can not start working for them for a month or so. That would give me enough time to address the issues with sleep apnea. I feel that if I don't address this issue the same scenario is going to play out again. That scenario being my days in college coming to and end because of my inability to focus on school, and now my inability to focus on work.

I really feel like this is a step in the right direction though. Time off would give me time to clear my head and take the steps necessary to get headed in the right direction. I have so many ideas, and things I want to do that I need to do whatever it takes to get the energy to do them.

This is going to be a turning point in my life. I will make sure of that. I'm going to be turning over a new leaf.

In other news: I'm going out with Kim now. We've been dating for a month. She's still a bit wacko, but that keeps me on my toes. Things have been worked out with Genine. The three of us hung out Sunday night for drinks and had a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home