Friday, March 04, 2005

Reporting to an asshole

As I have been slacking at work over the past many months the president of the company during my annual review, told me that I will not be reporting to him anymore. I will report to the Chief Credit Officer. Now this guy doesn't know anything about IT, he's just the type of guy that is a pain in the ass. I guess the prez figures that this dude will stay on top of me.
So this guy stops by my office and checks up on me everyday like I'm a little kid. They think this is going to motivate me to start working harder. It is not going to do anything.
They sat me down with an HR person and this asshole and had me sign this contract that said that I had 3 months to complete the projects listed on it otherwise they would basically fire me.
This has still not been motivation enough for me to get off my ass. I just don't give a shit. I'm bored and there is a big world out there with lots of shit to discover. I don't think I should be sitting in an office working my ass off in the tradition of the 20th century. It isn't the 20th century anymore. Job opportunities and careers abound in the unlikliest of places. People make money doing the craziest of things. I don't want to stick with a traditional job anymore. It is draining me of my creativity and individuality.
Entertainers, snowboarders, girls gone wild video makers. People can make money in any number of ways. I don't want to sit in an office and take orders from a bunch of uncreative bafoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home