Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One of the best ways to find out if the world is made for you is to go out there and see if you are made for the world.

I've got a whole lot on my plate lately.  Which leads me to ask the question; Why are there so many blog posts out there about being swamped with stuff to do for work or for one's personal life?  If we really have so much to do why are we sitting on our computers typing away semi-meaningless posts about all the stuff we have to do, instead of actually going out there and doing it?  Imagine all that I could have done in the past 3 minutes instead of yapping on here.  I say this:  I am never going to be able to finish all the things that I want to do so what is the point in getting stressed out about it.  Even on those rare occasions that I get a whole lot done in a day, there is always that 1 thing that gets left out and I don't have time for.  I never really get that feeling of completion.  When I'm working on deadline I work till the last minute and I always feel as though if I had a little more time or if I started working earlier I could have done a better job.  Is it the case that I (or we) are just doomed to repeat the cycle throughout our lives?  I envy those people who plan (and scheme) and get their work done on time.  Even though they stress to get their job done, once they are done, they are done, and are left to enjoy the rest of their time in peace.  The weekend is that much more fun for them.  They had the sense to plan ahead for things to do, friends to meet, and places to go.  I can't remember the last time I planned a trip all by myself.  I usually travel a lot, with friends.  I'm usually not the one who takes the initiative though, and says lets go here, or lets do this.  So far this year, my trips have all been snowboarding trips, the one trip to Colorado was planned by my friends, the rest of the snowboarding trips were day trips which I usually put together myself, but in typical fashion they were planned the day before.
So, what I'm saying is that there is a whole world out there needing to be explored but if I don't make plans, I'll never get to do any precious exploration.
Is this my curse?  To procrastinate till my very last days?  To leave this planet with the feeling of having done some great things, but mostly with the overwhelming feeling of not having done nearly all the things which I would have liked to. 
The picture above is one of my favorites...and so indicative of how I feel right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home