Friday, March 07, 2008

You can't always get what you waant...

You can't always get what you waant...You can't always get what you waant...but if you try sometimes...you might get what you need.

Moving into the big apple. Very little effort put in on my part. And this is what I am most fond of in this whole equation. Sometimes good things do happen to people who wait around and do nothing. My buddy's moving out of his rent-controlled, I repeat rent-controlled pad in the west village. Primo location. 2 bedroom, 2 blocks from the heart of the village, and just enough room so I can sleep standing up in my bedroom. I can't believe this shit is going down. The vacancy just came to my attention this past weekend. Within 3 days I had seen the place, and made an offer for rent. No fuckin' broker to deal with, and no lease, just month to month. Easy peasy so far.

I can't emphasize enough how small this place is but I have my own bedroom, closet, and there is a shared semi-living room. I say semi-living room because there is just enough room to walk through which really makes it more of a glorified hallway.

I'm actually going to be using the subway. I wonder how long it will take me till I stop getting on the wrong train and going in the wrong direction, extending my 3 block subway ride into a cross-town, then up-town, and back down-town ill-fated adventure.

I like the fact that there is so little room in this place that I have to really get rid of a lot of my extraneous stuff before I move. I can't take all my junk with me and I refuse to keep my parents' place littered with all my old belongings. Actually, most of my stuff will just be boxed up and put in the attic so it will technically still be at my parents' place, just not littered about. Did I put the apostrophe in the right place in (parents'). I don't know, I need to look that up in the MLA handbook.

Headed into the city tonight for a friend's birthday dinner. We're headed to LeSouk. Normally I'm really not one for birthday dinner extravaganzas but in this case I concede because this restaurant has a belly dancer that comes on at 8:30pm. Also, they have hookahs which is a great digestif, and in all honesty sold me more than the belly dancer. Sure belly dancing is a beautiful skill but honestly who wants to see a woman roll the fat on her belly? I would rather just look at a nice flat stomach, not more toned than mine, just flat.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home