Sunday, March 16, 2008

Locale - West Village

I started prepping the bedroom in my new apartment today.  I cleaned the walls, tore out the old carpeting, vacuumed, taped, spackled, and started painting the walls.  I also brought the parts for my loft bed up to the room.  I bought this bed from a graphics design student who was selling it on Craigslist last week.  It is an IKEA bed (Tromso) with a full size loft bed, ladder, desk and shelf underneath.  With the limited space I have this is the ideal piece of furniture for me. 
I took a walk down to the Ace Hardware store which is about a block and half from my apartment.  My roommate came along and as we walked down our block I could not believe what I was seeing.  There were so many stores right on my small block that were useful to me.  There was a copy store, record store, book store, photo shop, sushi restaurant, Thai restaurant, many other restaurants, a deli, and a furniture store.  If I wanted to go get something printed, go to the book store, grab some lunch, and get something for my place, while living in Long Island I would have to drive around for at least an hour.  And I live in a great shopping location on Long Island.  It just amazed me how close everything was.  Oh, there's also a basketball court just 2 blocks away.  Ballin'. 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home