Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tomorrow never comes

I worked with a buddy of mine, actually my oldest friend. We have been friends since the 2nd grade. He is into film production and has aspirations to break into the industry and become a millionaire. I think he will do it because he is strong minded and a good worker. He's already produced a few films and always has something in the works. Hearing him talk about his work this past weekend and where he is headed got me thinking about where I am right now. I'm so scatter brained and without any sense of direction. I don't know what I want to do except that I would like to make a good amount of money and be successful. Everyday I feel like doing something different and when it comes down to it I just don't have the follow through right now to see things through. I'm sitting here when I should be working so that when night comes I can go meet up with my friends as planned. I am going to waste my day, hurry to the gym later and then drink till I get drunk tonight. People my age are already well on their career path. What's really scary is I know it isn't too late yet, and that if I started on my way, on my track tomorrow, I would still be OK and would be able to catch and pass them on the road to success very soon. Tomorrow never comes for me. There is always tomorrow but that tomorrow just never comes. It's an endless today where I don't get anything done.
It is such a great feeling to get what you needed to get done during the day. I haven't felt that in the longest time. I worked hard this past weekend, something I hadn't done in a while, and I felt great for a couple of hours. Before long the week had started and I was back to square one and no progress with a feeling of hopelessness.
I left my last job about 2 years ago and wrote several blog entries at the time about how I was bogged down and had to leave my job because school and work was just too much. Well, it's 2 years later and I still have that feeling. I'm in a better mental state but I think in some ways I'm just more complacent with where I'm at. I think I haven't made any physical progress in terms of my career. I still fuck up with late assignments with the classes I'm taking and I have all the time in the world to complete them.
I'm scared that I will never accomplish anything worthwhile.

DJ Shadow and Mos Def - Six Days Remix (Tomorrow never comes...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home