Friday, March 21, 2008

Petty rant of the day.

While I was working on fixing up my apartment this week, my roommate, whom I went to High School with, showed me his High School yearbook.  He was 2 years ahead of me so in the yearbook, I was a sophomore.  I saw a couple of pictures of girls from that year who were wearing pajama pants.  Do you remember what I can only describe as one of the laziest and most unflattering fashion trends in recent history?  Girls, and sometimes boys(that's a topic for another day), would wear pajama bottoms and a sweatshirt to school.  Now I was no fashionista myself however I thought it was the most vile site ever.  Girls would have their hair done, makeup on, and then would be dressed in pajamas bottoms.  What the hell is that about?  They said it was comfortable.  I'm not asking them to get all dolled up, I don't even care for makeup.  But they took the time to put makeup on and do their hair and then they bring it down several notches with the pajamas.  I'm not asking for much, just a visual representation that you're not wearing the same thing you went to sleep in.  T-shirt and jeans is fine.  But the pajama bottoms just make you look like you are 2 months pregnant.  Funny thing is those same girls are the ones who dress to the hilt when they go out now.  I wonder what their reaction is when they see pictures of themselves from High School wearing pajama bottoms.  Do they vomit inside their mouths a little bit just like I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home