Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Painting

I spent the afternoon painting the rest of my bedroom in my apartment.  The act of painting a wall is so relaxing and almost zen-like.  The prep work can be tedious, cleaning, taping, spackling and sanding.  But when you actually get to put brush and roller to wall, it feels great.  The smoothness with which the paint goes on transforms a dirty wall into a smooth, serene, palette waiting to be decorated.
Which has gotten me thinking...I would like to put a mural in the living room and one in my room.
The first picture is "Flowers in the attic" by jbyron.  The mural was done by Robin B and posted on Flickr. I think that would go well in the hallway leading to the living room. 
The second picture is by Anthony Hare.  It's classic Jack Nicholson but I want the mural that I put on my bedroom wall to be inspirational.  This mural is badass but it doesn't motivate me to do anything after looking at it. The search will continue for a bedroom mural. I'll post pictures of them after I'm done painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home