Monday, June 14, 2004

Cutting Carbs

Our good nation has gone crazy with the notion that they can not eat carbohydrates. Every company has now changed their product lines to accommodate Atkins dieters and other low carb dieters. They have made carbs out to be evil.
Coke has come out with the 1/2 carbs cola. Subway has their Atkins friendly wraps. Krispy Kreme saw a sharp decline in profits the past few quarters and so they are coming out with a low carb doughnut.
I for one like carbs. Breads, pastas, etc. They give me energy and eaten in moderation and at the right time, they are just fine.
I think people are so easily swayed by fad diets. On the one hand I can sort of understand why. Eating a healthy and balanced diet suited for your lifestyle is not always that easy. What is even harder for me than working out is figuring out the right foods to eat to give my body the nourishment it needs. Jay Cutler, professional bodybuilder, claims that the hardest thing he has to deal with is his diet and not the exercise regimen itself.
On the other hand though people take things to the extreme and the low carb diet is a good example of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home