Monday, May 26, 2008

Bicycle ride

Went for a nice long bicycle ride up to, through, and around Central Park, and then down the West side highway.  I have not really learned to tolerate and respectfully avoid pedestrians along crosswalks quite yet.  I always break and give them enough room to cross, or skillfully swerve through groups of people, in my mind at least.  I can tell that many of them get scared as I'm passing them because they're not sure where exactly it is that I'm headed.  I should really brake sooner and leave more space as I pass them.  It's because I'm still too anxious with excitement when I'm flying down the NYC streets on my bicycle.  

2 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

I've always LOVED riding bikes, but I've never had the nerve to do it in Manhattan. Your post has inspired me to think that maybe I need to get over that fear!

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi THB! You need to jump on that bike! Try the bike lane that runs along the West side highway. Nice views and easy riding.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home