Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Haziness

I am sitting at my desk at work right now. I'll be getting up soon to get a sandwich from the fridge to eat at my desk. After I eat that sandwich I sure to fall into a deep food coma of unmentionable proportions.
I am right now, in a sort of zombie like state. I haven't been sleeping well the past couple of days and I feel exhausted. This just adds to the fact that I feel like the past 3 weeks have just passed by in a blur of work and school. It might have been even more than 3 weeks, I'm not sure. I don't even know which day it is anymore and nor does it really matter. Each day is like the last and I don't feel compelled to make any drastic changes. Instead I just drift along through time and space in a sort of haze.
I have my head down and am just being dragged along by time. Everything around is hazy and everyone's voices are muffled. Nothing is really alive and nothing is really dead. I'm not really alive and I'm not really dead. I don't know if you've ever been in this state before but I feel like I have tunnel vision. My eyes aren't really open to the world and I am missing out on everything that is going on around me.
Through all of this shit, all I really want to do is sleep. I would like nothing better than to curl up into bed and take a nice, long, warm, cozy, comfortable nap. This is all that would make me really happy right now. A warm shower and then a slide into warm sheets tucked under a heavy comforter.
It makes me sad because I'm missing out on all that is going on around me. Opportunities, people, friends, events. Everything. I want to come out of this haze. I need to come out of this haze and motivate. I know that there must be a way for me to but it hasn't occurred to me yet. I want to feel alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home