Friday, July 16, 2004

Happy Hour

Went to Happy Hour today with a friend of mine and a girl he introduced me to.  We were all going to meet at TGI Friday's in Queens.  I picked him up and we were going to meet the girl there.  He gets in the car and suddenly picks up his phone and is like, OH SHIT, I gotta pick up my dad from the train station, you go ahead and meet me there.  I'm like, Did you plan this shit?  He was cracking up, he might have very well planned it.  It was a pretty smooth move though.
So, I went on ahead and met up with this girl who I was a little bit attracted to.  We talked and had drinks at the bar for a while.  I don't know why I do this but here is how I behaved.  I downplayed my confidence level tremendously.  I know this is a feature that attracts girls and for some reason there was a part of me that was afraid to show it.  I think it is because I am afraid of people liking me sometimes.  That may sound a little wierd and hard to understand but I think it is because I think "how can they like me when I don't always love myself enough and don't view myself as what I should be". 
This realization came to me when my friend showed up and the way this girl reacted to him.  He is always a very confident guy and he almost always exudes it.  The girl immediately was physically responsive to him.  I could see it right away.  I am afraid of being that confident guy because in reality I am not confident in most of the things I do, eventhough most of the things I do, I do very well.  What then is it that will help me with this?  I don't know but I feel somehow wierd to let any girl really like me until I fully like myself.  I have to be one with myself first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home